marc Schifanelli, Esq. 

Integrity, Dedication

& Competence

Contact US  (240) 882-2402

U.S. Immigration Laws are very complex. whether seeking asylum, planning for your foreign born spouse to join you here, or defending yourself or your family in deportation proceedings, you Need a lawyer who knows the immigration Laws and Regulations.  

Contact Marc D. Schifanelli, Esq.  at 410-263-0028 for an initial consultation with an experienced Annapolis Lawyer.
2450 Riva Road, Suite 201, Annapolis, Maryland 21401.

     Family members of U.S. citizens or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents may be eligible to immigrate to the U.S. based on the family relationship. Usually this includes "immediate" family members (parents, biological and adopted children, spouse, siblings).  Click here for more info.  

     Employers can find themselves in need of workers with specialized knowledge, skills or talent not readily available from the U.S. workforce. When this occurs, U.S. businesses can reach out to qualified foreign workers who may fill the billet.  Click here for more info.

  • Naturalization and Citizenship

     Becoming a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident is the first step to becoming a U.S. Citizen with all of the rights and privileges therein. After five years as a Permanent Resident, you will be eligible to become a citizen. For persons who attained their status as Permanent Resident based on their U.S. Citizen Spouse, you apply after only three years in Permanent Resident Status.

  • Temporary Protected Status & Special Immigrant Juvenile Visas

Integrity, Dedication & Competence

U.S. Immigration Lawyers in Maryland

How We can help

It's still a big world out there, and for many people in it America is still the best place for one to realize his or her full potential in talent, labor, or business. Furthermore, Americans are travelling abroad more than ever, whether as tourists , in support of businesses, or in official capacity. They are creating relationships at all levels. Not surprisingly then, many U.S. citizens, U.S. businesses large and small, and many foreign born persons find themselves with immigration goals or issues. We have helped thousands to reach their immigration goals, including assistance with immigration of family members, temporary visas, work visas, and defense of deportation.

     Aliens in the United States without authorization, either after having entered unlawfully (i.e. entered without inspection at the U.S. border) or who entered with a visa but overstayed, may find themselves in Deportation and Removal Proceedings. So to can U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents. For example, those who have had run-ins with the Criminal Justice System or those who were granted Permanent Resident status on a conditional basis and who are legally separated or in divorce proceedings. Click here for more info.

     Cancellation of removal is available for some aliens in removal and deportation proceedings. If you prevail in your case, then you could be awarded your green card/lawful permanent resident status. However, you first need to show that you have had a continuous presence in the U.S. for the ten years prior to the start of deportation proceedings (seven years if you are a permanent resident already), have no serious criminal history, and that your removal would cause exceptional and extremely unusual hardship on an immediate family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.  Learn More.

I Received a Request for Further Evidence.

My Visa Status Has Expired.  

Can I Change My Visa Status Without Leaving the U.S.?