Contact an Immigration Attorney Ready to Serve Your Immigration Needs
When Columbus set sail and landed in the Americas in 1492, he set the stage for an immigration phenomenon that continues to the present day: a vast movement of peoples constantly shaping the character and culture of the American continents, the United States of America, and indeed the modern world.
At Schifanelli & Associates, LLC, our immigration lawyers seek to assist our clients in the immigration tradition of our nation. We help immigrants - those here in the U.S. or those overseas - by providing them the best opportunity possible to achieve their immigration goals.
Why hire an immigration lawyer? Whether you are seeking lawful permanent resident status, asylum or refugee status, or just desire a change in your non-immigration status, the process can be complicated. In most instances you have just one opportunity to get it right. You need to bring all of the immigration laws that bear on your case into consideration. As qualified immigration attorneys, we can guide you through the process and prepare your petition for the greatest chance of success.
We provide services and counsel in the following areas:
- Immigration and naturalization: If your immigration goal is to become a permanent resident or citizen, let Schifanelli & Associates, LLC help you obtain a green card under the proper U.S. immigration laws. Clarify your citizenship status with the help of a Maryland naturalization lawyer. Let us help you get answers if you were interviewed for U.S. citizenship but have not received a response yet. You may be eligible for a writ of mandamus:
- Academics and researchers: The United States can grant lawful permanent resident status and visas to outstanding academics, researchers, or professors or those with extraordinary ability. We can guide you through the process, including securing a national interest waiver and/or overcoming the two-year home residency requirement. Contact us.
- Family-based visas: When a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident plans to marry a noncitizen, immigration issues can be complex. At Schifanelli & Associates, LLC, we can guide you through the process of obtaining a fiance/fiancee visa, bringing your spouse to the U.S. or petitioning on behalf of other immediate relative(s), often avoiding delay or an unnecessary denial.
- Green card issues: Are you still a permanent resident after leaving the U.S. for a lengthy period of time? What about your green card status if you are planning a divorce and still have a conditional green card based on marriage to a U.S. citizen?
- Asylum: If you have arrived in the U.S. seeking protection within our borders from oppression abroad, you need immediate and qualified counsel.
- Employment-based immigration: Get help with your application for an H-1B employment visa (granted by the United States government for persons who plan to work in the United States on a temporary basis) or H-2B employment visas (for skilled and unskilled workers on a temporary basis). Learn how our law firm can guide you through the process of obtaining an L visa (intra-company transfer to work in the U.S.) or a labor certification. (We assist companies in obtaining PERM labor certification from the Department of Labor.)
- Non-immigrant visa for treaty traders and investors: We handle E-visas for non-immigrants or their employers.
- Deportation/removal: U.S. deportation and removal proceedings require litigation by an experienced immigration attorney.
- Reopening a case: In certain circumstances, a court will grant your lawyer's motion to reopen your immigration case. When the motion is granted, the court may give you a second chance to present your case.
- Waivers of inadmissibility: Our attorneys strive to help those who have been denied entry to the United States, or other immigration benefits while in the U.S. based on various grounds of inadmissibility. Depending upon your circumstances, we may be able to seek a waiver of inadmissibility on your behalf.
Contact Schifanelli & Associates, LLC
Located near Baltimore and Washington, D.C., our immigration attorneys provide full immigration services. To talk to an immigration attorney in Maryland about your immigration concerns, call Schifanelli & Associates, LLC in Annapolis at (866) 451-2176. Consultations are confidential. We speak Spanish, French, German and Serbo-Croatian.